What are Math and Science Partnerships?
- Enhance schools’ capacity to provide challenging curricula for all students and encourage more students to succeed in advanced courses in mathematics and the sciences;
- Increase the number, quality, and diversity of mathematics and science teachers, especially in underserved areas;
- Engage and support scientists, mathematicians, and engineers at local universities and local industries to work with K-12 educators and students;
- Contribute to a greater understanding of how students effectively learn mathematics and science and how teacher preparation and professional development can be improved; and
- Promote institutional and organizational change in education systems — from kindergarten through graduate school — to sustain partnerships’ promising practices and policies [NSF]